Thursday 3 February 2011

Rice Mask Wash Off

My skin type is combination skin, with whiteheads on my T-zone area.


Rice Mask Wash Off, highly raved and best selling product from Skinfood.


As you can see, I'm about to finish this rice mask, finally! Took me about a year! even when I apply heavily each time. Usually i don't just stick to one type of mask, I have a few and the rest are moisturising and hydrating which can be used every day.
This tub cost RM39 ,
twice a week, it comes down to only RM0.375 each application.
cheap or what?


This is how it looks like.



It has a creamy grainy texture. The grains are not rough, very gentle to my skin unlike the coarse texture of the black sugar mask. But black sugar melts. Uhm.. I love both mask but I actually prefer the black sugar, feels cleaner.


Upon application. Forgot to snap the after pictures. >.<

This product's function is to brighten skin tone, moisturise skin and exfoliate dead skin. Well, it does brighten but no big difference. I think if you exfoliate the layer of dead skin and dirt properly, it'll certainly unveil a brighter skin tone as the layer dirt is probably the cause of dull skin tone. So if you remove that layer it'll become brighter, but not whiter. Well, not sure if my theory is right, this product is still good nonetheless. I heard from the SA the exfoliaters are actually crushed rice, but I doubt it, doesn't it becomes soft if soak in liquid after a long time? After some research from websites, it appears to be real rice. The texture is soft, like mushy broken bits of uncooked rice. It's really gentle to skin but because it's too mild, exfoliation is not quite effective. After wash, skin doesn't feel thirsty, and seemingly brighter. Not recommended for outdoorsy people, product is too mild. Recommended for people with sensitive skin. I suggest to use it as a daily gentle exfoliator or as a moisturising mask.


I like it because: skin is not dry and seemingly brighter.
I dislike it because: of the smell which I never learn to adapt to. Smells like perfumed old rusty cosmetics :( .

Price in Whimsical Needs: RM 39
Price in retail stores: RM44

Suitable for: All skin type. This product is mild.

Rating:
1- packaging practicality (o.75/1) There's a cap probably to seal its freshness but no spoon provided... make sure you wash your hands well before scooping it with your germ-filled fingers.
2- label description true? (0.75/1) it does serve its function but product is too mild to see dramatic difference.
3- usefulness/effectiveness (1.5/2)
4- Worthiness (1/1)

Total rating : 4/5

Buy or don't buy? - A worthy buy but to rebuy... I'd like to try other masks.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the info, keep up the good work going.... I really enjoyed exploring your site. good resource. PLease visit desksta

    ReplyDelete